I was looking at a post in a blog dealing with embossing paper with an embossing folder, inking the raised part, embossing with a different folder, and then inking the raised parts again. I would love to link that post, but I can’t find it again. Could someone help me out?
After reading the post my mind started thinking about other possibilities. What if I used copper mesh and alcohol ink (AI) to do the same technique? I tried it and was pleased with the results.
I began by embossing my copper mesh with the CB “Textile” folder then dabbing Wild Plum AI on the raised image.
Then , without trying to smash it flat, I ran it through the CB using the “Diamond In The Rough” folder. I used “Stream” AI to color this layer.
I pulled a few of the copper threads away from the edges and attached it to my card front, coloring the brads with AI as well.
After a bit more embossing, some copper ribbon and copper gel pen, my card was finished.
The design for the card is a MOJO Monday design- love their sketches!
Oh yes, BTW- my neice found a site that gave the name of the flower I had pics of last post. It is a Red Bird of Paradise. Thanks, Beccy!
See ya next week!