You’d think that since red is my favorite color I would go crazy with it for Valentines day cards. I guess it is contrariness on my part-nobody is going to tell me what color to make my hearts!
So here is an overview of Valentine cards I have made over the years.
Red , gold and wire
Copper, purple and black
Pink and silver. Fusible web, cupboard lining, silver embossing powder.
Blue, green and purple. Watercolor.
Red, green and blue. Guilding.
Assorted browns. Copper leaf.
Pink and black.
Gold and black. Metal tubing.
Pink, brown and copper. Copper mesh.
Blue and yellow
Russet and gray. Russet PearlEx.
Purple and green. Alcohol inks on polymer clay.
Kraft and gray. Cork paper background.
Pink, gray and kraft.
And finally a red one!
Black and red. Die cut letters and texture plates
I missed a few colors…I wonder what an orange hearts would look like? Oh, the possibilities.
One of the May swaps for my “Inchies 1×1” group was an ATC with a masking tape background. Since I would be using a pear inchie on the ATC I wanted to incorporate the word “pear” into the masking tape. I could have just made my masking tape background and then stamped the word on the top, but I wanted the background to have more depth.
I started by taping a piece of freezer paper, shiny side up, to my work surface. I then placed strips of masking tape side by side on the paper. Using Stazon ink, I stamped “pear” with several different stamp sets on the tape. As you will notice, I goofed and stamped some letters the wrong way. Since I was going to be tearing the tape into pieces I could throw the bad bits away.
After the stamping was done I pulled the stamped tape off of the paper and began adding torn pieces to the cardstock ATC backing. A note here: originally I used only tape that was stamped with words on the ATC, but it seemed too busy for me so, I decided to use a mixture of stamped and plain masking tape. I liked that result better.
stamped tape only
stamped and plain tape
I chose to color my background with alcohol inks (Adirondak and Pinata), then swiped a brown Memories ink pad over the entire ATC.
With the addition of some stamped ferns (Hero Arts) and die- cut leaves (Sizzix) the ATC itself was ready for the inchie.
I stamped a collage image (Stampers Anonymous) onto kraft paper and then cut the pear portion out, colored it, added a brad, and backed it witha small scalloped square die cut (Spellbinders Nestabilities).
Here is the finished project:
Have a happy, crafty week, and don’t forget to embellish !